Friday, September 20, 2013

"Treetop Owl, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship"

So one September night I got a custom order request that would change my shop forever. I couldn't be more grateful for Kim's request for her friend's baby shower. She sent me a simple request to make the WOODLAND OWL set to match the bedding her friend had chosen for her nursery. Here's the bedding that was the inspiration:
Crib Bedding

Close up of the quilt

Pillow

Sometimes when I get custom item requests the client likes to be really involved and see how everything is going each step of the way. I totally don't blame them because I'd totally be the same way, but Kim was the total opposite, she pretty much gave me free reign to do whatever I wanted as long as I used the colors in the bedding and that would be able to be hung in the nursery after the shower. I don't know which is more pressure! Let's get to the good stuff:

The owls:

Aqua
Orange
Peridot
Ruby

I also used:
The nest...
...and the tree!
Kim needed an "it's a boy" banner:




And a name banner for little Max:




I was also able to make lots and LOTS of cupcake toppers:


To date my TREETOP OWL items have sold more than any other item in my shop! As happy as Kim and the mommy-to-be were with their items, I was even happier and grateful to Kim for inspiring such an awesome collection of items in my shop and making so many other people happy! Oh...here's what Kim had to say when she received her items "Got everything today! OH MY GOD! Soooooooo cute! I love them. I'm sure mama will too! Thank you so much!" Oh, and she left me some pretty awesome feedback for EVERYONE to see "LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Everything was perfect! Custom made to my liking. Soooo cute! Can't wait for the mama-to-be to see it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment