Friday, September 13, 2013

A Banner Fit for a STAR little boy!

I love any chance I can get my crafty hands on to do custom orders for customers. I understand it takes a lot of trust from people who look at my shop to take a leap of faith and ask me to create something custom for them from an invitation, nursery bedding or just from nothing in particular. The blog will mostly focus on custom projects instead of featuring items in my shop (unless they are so stinkin’ cute and I get a chance to show off my adorable puppy as a bonus!) 

I was contacted by Abi at Monkey Tree Creations to make a banner for her substituting the owls for stars on the WOODLAND OWL Custom Name Banner :


What an easy request right? Wellllll…..the more we chatted about the order the more inspired I was getting and Abi sent me a link to the invitation she was purchasing:


Blue Polkadot Invitation from sillymedesign
This is where my wheels really started turning! I was able to come up with something really special. 

Finished Banner
 For this banner I used:
  • Sapphire Blue Pearlized Cardstock
  • Peridot Green Pearlized Cardstock
  • Diamond White Pearlized Cardstock
  • Chocolate Brown Pearlized Cardstock
  • Simply Sweet Cricut Font
Pearlized Cardstock -- My Favorite!!!
I love how the shape mirrors the invite but isn't quite literal.
Layered stars inspired by the invite

I used a lighter aquamarine color cardstock in the stars for more interest
Ribbon <3
Love it when it comes together!
Any time I send out a custom order based on something someone sent me I get pretty nervous. What I think is pretty awesome might not be what the buyer had in mind. When I get that alert on my phone that says “Received Conversation from XX” my tummy flips a little. But then when I see this “I got the banner today and it’s PERFECT!! I love it! Thank you so much!” it makes all the stressing worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment