Monday, August 29, 2011

It's been awhile "Custom Monday"....nice to see you again

So I know I said about a month ago that I would be posting custom designs on Monday....well life sort of happened and I have been oh-so-busy with all the Delicious Paper Design orders that the blog has fallen to the wayside a little bit, but the good news is that I'm posting an awesome custom design inspired by the Etsy shop of yours truly!

I got a custom request for a cupcake themed birthday banner set. Here is the invitation inspiration from the client:
From LollipopPrints on Etsy
I was so excited to get started that I had so many ideas! I worked with the client to see what style of cupcake she liked (boy did I have a ton to choose from!) and here is the cupcake design she chose:

The star of the banner: The cupcake!
 The client wanted a name banner and a birthday banner. Here is how the name banner turned out:

Sweet little Madeline's name banner

I love the way the colors came out and the brown letter really pops!

I love how you can hang this after the party in a playroom or nursery.
 I think the birthday banner came out super cute too. This theme can really be for anyone, old or young...anyone with a sweet tooth! Just by removing the "1st" and let the white circle be the spacer for the banner you can reuse this over and over!
Add caption


I like to leave the circle between the two words white like the ends because I think it breaks up the words of the banner a little better. This way the words don't all run together. It also adds some visual interest and balances out the white on the ends as well.

So cute!

This banner (and all my birthday banners) measure over 6 feet long!
I think that this really turned out great! I love the way the cupcakes look, perfect for a sweet little girl! I think that this is going to be the next collection that I put out since I have been focusing mostly on the boys :)

What collection do you think I should add to Delicious Paper Design that would be a hit with kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment