Sunday, August 28, 2011

Collection Spotlight: SWASHBUCKLING PIRATE

One of my favorite and most dear to my heart collections is the pirate collection. After all my sweet pupster is named Captain Jack Sparrow (the puppy) after the Disney pirate of the same name. (Did you really expect me to have a pet NOT named after something related to Disney??)
Jack Sparrow on his pirate blanket

Jack Sparrow (the puppy) dressed up as Jack Sparrow (the pirate)
I'm one proud mommy! So I decided that not only do I and Jack Sparrow love pirates but boys love pirates too! So here is a peek at all the goodies available in the SWASHBUCKLING PIRATE collection:

The Name Banner:
What else would I use for a sample name?
Close up of the skull and crossbones.
 For the end with the skull and cross bones I used white pearlized cardstock and red glitter paper. I always love when things are shiny and I think it really gives it something extra! I also raised the skull off of the black circle for a 3D effect so the white of the skull didn't blend into the white of the circle.

Close up of the treasure chest.
For the treasure chest I used two shades of brown. It is actually the same cut in both of the layers, but in the light layer I cut out all of the panels by hand and used a teenie tiny hole punch for the nail heads. Then I used gold sparkle paper for the treasure!

The Birthday Banner: 

This banner is huge, over 6 feet long!

First part of the birthday banner.
Second half of the banner.
Close up of the letter. I like to use paper with some texture for visual interest.

Here is another option for the end. A real treasure map!

 The Cupcake Toppers:

Here are the 3 options for cupcake toppers! I love them all :)

Close up of the pirate flag. You can see the texture on the white and the red glitter!

The map with a red "X" and gold coins. 
On the treasure maps I draw a black dashed line for the path to get to the treasure! There are no two that are exactly the same, that is part of why I love the maps so much. I also use brown ink to give the edges a "distressed" leather look, just like an authentic treasure map would be.

The Door Sign:



I love the door signs because for me they are a great way to introduce and set the tone for the theme. Other than the invitations (if you have them) this is really the first thing people will see when arriving to your party. You know how important first impressions are and I believe this is not only true for people but for events too. It really gets people in the mood and mindset for a great party. When the first thing you see is a pirate door sign you know it is going to be a great party!

Thank you so much for taking a look at one of my favorite collections! I hope it is one of your favorites too :)

So I want to know....

How do you set the tone for your party?
Do you like attending "themed" parties?

No comments:

Post a Comment